I’m removing a couple of projects from the Lair because they’re either not up to my current standards and/or there are better alternatives to them available: the Aramaic font and layout, the Juniper Runes, and the language creation workshop talk.
Here is, once again, an update on qɑ̂ major enough to change the name of the language slightly. I’ve overhauled the prosody and vocabulary, created a non-canonical script, and made other smaller tweaks. The changes unfortunately mean that none of the Occasional Writings are compatible with the new version, so i’ve removed them.
A little less radical update this time. The biggest changes are to the rules of null anaphora usage made to reduce ambiguity; in addition i tweaked the vocabulary a little and continued on my eternal and futile quest to make the text in general a little less unreadable.
I also finally decided to start writing Occasional Writings on qɑ́, a series of standalone papers that go into more perfectionist detail about various aspects of and things related to the qɑ́ and their language. I’ve uploaded the first three, which are:
Here’s a major update to qɑ́ (and the first one in a while), major enough to change the name of the language slightly! What i’ve done is a complete overhaul of prosody and poetry, the latter necessitating the replacement of kωȶɛ and kωȶe with a new example text, a translation of the Schleicher’s Fable; and removal of the whistled register. I’ve also done some generic tweaking of the text but not its substance.
I ran a conlanging workshop for beginners at this year’s Ropecon (“rope” being an abbreviation for “roolipeli”, “role playing game”, in Finnish: no bondage there :D ) and promised to upload the slides here, so here they are now.